- Lifeguard Training Class - Blended Learning
April 1, 2020 - May 31, 2020
In light of the recent COVID-19 pandemic we plan to move forward with the virtual learning portion of the Lifeguarding Course. To minimize social interaction we will send the online course work via email upon registration. You will have two weeks to complete the online course work and send proof of completion. When conditions allow us to move forward we will schedule the in water skills.
Blended Learning Lifeguard Course
This Course combines the flexibility of online learning with hands on training. It provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over
Participants must be:
- American Red Cross Certified!
- Able to swim 300 yards continuously
- Able to tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Able to complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds by starting in the water, swimming 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point, exit the water without using steps or a ladder.
Participants who successfully complete the Lifeguarding course receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, valid for 2 years.
Refunds and Cancellations will not be allowed. This course is for NVPools Employees Only!