Lifeguard Training Class - June Mantua
June 17, 2019 - June 21, 2019
4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Monday, June 17th 4p.m.-9p.m @ Mantua
- Tuesday, June 18th 4p.m.-9p.m. @ Mantua
- Wednesday, June 19th 4p.m.-9p.m. @ Mantua
- Thursday, June 20th 4p.m.-9p.m. @ Mantua
- Friday, June 21st 4p.m.-9p.m. @ Mantua
Students must attend all classes to earn certifications
Provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
Participants must be:
- Minimum age: 15 years by end of course
- Able to swim 300 yards continuously
- Able to tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Able to complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds by starting in the water, swimming 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point, exit the water without using steps or a ladder.
Participants who successfully complete the Lifeguarding course receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, valid for 2 years.
Refunds and Cancellations will not be allowed unless made 48 hours prior to the start of the course.