June Lifeguard Training Class - Blended Learning
June 14, 2023 - June 23, 2023
4:00 pm - 9:00 am
- Wednesday June 14th 4pm-4:30 @ Zoom
- Tuesday June 20th 6am-8am @ Pinecrest Swim & Tennis Club
- Wednesday June 21st 6am-10am @ Pinecrest Swim & Tennis Club
- Thursday June 22nd 6am-8am @ Pinecrest Swim & Tennis Club
- Friday June 23rd 6am-9am @ Pinecrest Swim & Tennis Club
*Link to zoom meeting will be sent out by 8am June 14th*
Refunds and Cancellations will not be allowed!
Students must attend all classes to earn certification
Blended Learning Lifeguard Course
This Course combines the flexibility of online learning with hands on training. It provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over
Participants must be:
- Minimum age: 15 years by end of course
- Able to swim 300 yards continuously
- Able to tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Able to complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds by starting in the water, swimming 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point, exit the water without using steps or a ladder.
Participants who successfully complete the Lifeguarding course receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, valid for 2 years.