- May Lifeguard Training Class - Blended Learning
June 4, 2021 - June 13, 2021
4:00 pm - 11:00 am
- Friday, June 4th 4p.m.-4:30p.m. @ Virtual Zoom Meeting
- Saturday, June 12th 7a.m.-11a.m. @ TBA
- Sunday, May 13th 7a.m.-11a.m. @ TBA
This class will be held somewhere in the Fairfax/Chantilly area
Students must attend all classes to earn certifications
*Link to Zoom Meeting will be emailed the morning of June 4th*
Blended Learning Lifeguard Course
This Course combines the flexibility of online learning with hands on training. It provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over
Participants must be:
- Minimum age: 15 years by end of course
- Able to swim 300 yards continuously
- Able to tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Able to complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds by starting in the water, swimming 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point, exit the water without using steps or a ladder.
Participants who successfully complete the Lifeguarding course receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, valid for 2 years.
Refunds and Cancellations will not be allowed!