- Lifeguard Recert
May 10, 2019 - May 11, 2019
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Note: This course is for NVPools Employees only
- Friday, May 10th 5p.m.-9p.m. @ NVPools
- Saturday, May 11th 12p.m.-6p.m. @ TBD
Students must attend all classes to earn certifications
Lifeguard Review Course (Recertification)
An abbreviated Lifeguarding course that briefly reviews course information and allows practice of skills and knowledge before testing. Current certification in Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED is required to participate in the review course. Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED which is valid for 2 years.
Participants must be:
- Minimum age: 15 years by end of course
- Able to swim 300 yards continuously
- Able to tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Able to complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds by starting in the water, swimming 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point, exit the water without using steps or a ladder.
Participants who successfully complete the Lifeguarding course receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, valid for 2 years.
Refunds and Cancellations will not be allowed unless made 48 hours prior to the start of the course.