June 7, 2021 - June 11, 2021
8:00 am - 11:00 am
- Monday, June 7th 8am – 11am @ Fairfax Station
- Tuesday, June 8th 8am – 11am @ Fairfax Station
- Wednesday, June 9th 8am – 11am @ Fairfax Station
- Thursday, June 10th 8am – 11am @ Fairfax Station
- Friday, June 11th 8am – 11am @ Fairfax Station
Students must attend all classes to earn certifications
The purpose of the instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach the Red Cross Lifeguarding, Shallow Water Lifeguarding, Waterfront Skills, Waterpark Skills, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers.
Participants must be:
- An NVPools Employee
- Complete online course before attending water days
- 17 years of age or older
- Able to swim 300 yards continuously
- Able to tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Able to complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds by starting in the water, swimming 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point, exit the water without using steps or a ladder.
Participants who successfully complete the Lifeguarding course receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguard Instructor.
Refunds and Cancellations will not be allowed unless made 48 hours prior to the start of the course.