The Taylor Marie Behl Memorial Scholarships (TMBMS) are offered in partnership with NVPools in an effort to provide deserving NVPools employees financial assistance in their academic endeavors.
- ($750) Awarded to a High School Senior who will be attending an accredited 2 or 4 year college or university
- ($750) Awarded to a Manager or Assistant Manager who has at least one full academic year left at an accredited 2 or 4 year college or university
- Applicant must be a full-time employee of NVPools and have worked a minimum of 250 hours in the year applying for scholarship, and the year immediately preceding application
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 out of 4.0
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen
- Applicant must not have previously been awarded any scholarship by NVPools
- Applicant must have been contracted for their position at the beginning of the pool season, if applying for the Manager/Asst. Manager award
Applicants to the Taylor Marie Behl Memorial Scholarships must submit their completed applications no later than July 31. Any applications received after this date will not be considered. It is the committee’s intention to award the scholarships within 2 weeks of the application closing date.
Scholarship application forms must be completely filled out and submitted along with the following:
- Official High School or College Transcript
- At least one letter of recommendation [from an individual not related to the applicant]
- An essay written on any one of the three topics listed on the final page of the application
Applications shall be mailed or delivered to:
Attn: TMBMS Committee
4080 Walney Rd.
Chantilly, VA 20151-3225
Final Selection and Award
The Scholarship Committee will determine and award the Taylor Marie Behl Memorial Scholarships as it feels appropriate. All decisions made by the committee are to be considered final.
The scholarship awards will be made in the form of a check made payable to the scholar. The scholarships will be based upon acceptance into or continued eligible status into the qualified school.