New Lifeguard Training : December
Provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
- Minimum age: 15 years by the last day of the class
- Swim 300 yards continuously.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds with no goggles.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards.
- Surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
This is a online+classroom course.
Full Course Schedule:
Monday December 3rd 6pm-8pm @ NVPools Office
- Saturday December 15th 9am-6pm @ Burke Racquet and Swim Club
- Sunday December 16th 12:30pm-4:30pm @ YWCA Pool
If you are registering your child please keep in mind the following:
- Enter the information for the person taking the class (your child’s birth date and name, not your own)
- We suggest you enter a personal email address for the person attending the class (not a family email address). This address will be filed with the American Red Cross upon completion of the course. This is how they will identify you should you lose your certificate or have any questions.
- 48 hour notice to drop from class with no charge
- NO REFUND given after start of class
- December 3, 2018 - December 16, 2018
6:00 pm - 4:30 pm